At any given time I am pretty infatuated with a multitude of things. Lately, I have been in love with….
Enjoying every bit of summer left with my boys!
I love watching them run around together, never letting one or the other lag too far behind. We have 2 splash pads now in town and today was our first visit to the newest one.
Watching Bodhi climb is incredibly entertaining!
His Uncle Wes is a big climber, (in fact he has written a couple of climbing guides for Wyoming) and I’m pretty sure I am going to have to accept that some day he will want to join his uncle on his endeavors.
My mini Tarzan 🙂
All the dragon flies we have flying around our home. I love seeing all the different colors they come in. I am really happy about the fact that they eat mosquitos. They can stick around indefinitely!
Hitting my goal marathon pace and feeling really good while doing it! Speed work today definitely left me LOVING my marathon pace. I ran my fastest treadmill mile thus far! (5:16).
My machine sounds horrible! I have someone coming out to fix it tomorrow. TOday’s speed work had to be done on the treadmill. I didn’t have a way to entertain my boys for 14 miles on a track and I wanted to get my run done before they woke up….I really didn’t want to make my treadmill worse, but I had to do what I had to do. I also think I could have hit my mile faster or at least felt better running that time later on in the day. I DO NOT do my best speed work early morning.
Reading this book to my boys. I grew up with my brother having the original. I remember loving to go through it and read about the way things worked…I am glad my boys have the same love for curiosity.
Plantain bread, (eggs + plantain + salt..that’s it!) used for my sandwich! I don’t just eat salads.
BUT! if I do eat salads…my favorite thing to eat is my Super Food Salad.
If I am going to make a salad my main meal, it has to have substance. This salad has dinosaur kale, cashews, chickpeas, mango, quinoa, red onion, and my favorite dressing to pull it all together
Tonight I had some left over plantain bread, my super food salad, and some roasted asparagus…One of my favorite meals of the summer hands down.
- 1/2 red onion, finally diced
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch of kale, (I like dinosaur kale when it's available..less bitter when kale is not in season), de-spined and chopped
- 1 C. quinoa
- 1/2 C. raw cashews
- Brianna's French Dressing, to taste
- Salt to taste
- Rinse quinoa well before cooking. Quinoa tends to have an off taste if not properly rinsed before cooking.
- Put 1 C. quinoa in 2 C. water adding seasoning and lemon juice to flavor
- Bring to boil
- Turn down to simmer, cover, and let cook until soaked liquid up ~12 min.
- Take lid off and fluff with fork
- Allow to cool before adding to salad
- Turn oven on 375
- Spread cashews out on baking sheet
- Roast in oven until slight color and toasted nut smell occur
- Set aside to cool
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl
- Pour dressing over salad until you reach desired amount and taste
- Season to taste, I didn't need any...but you might be different
- Kale is great right now! take advantage of local farmer's market kale.
- After first frost, kale only gets sweeter/better tasting...this is the salad to make late season for veggies.
- If you don't like Brianna's dressing you could sub olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard as your dressing
- You could sub kale for spinach