Running in ND can be a lonely endeavor. Don’t get me wrong…there are a lot of great folks here that like to run. However, when you are a stay-at-home mom, you’re husband works literally round the clock, and scheduling a run is like being able to have a daily bathroom break un-interupted…nearly impossible, (yes, I went there)….you are probably like me and going at it alone the majority of the time.
However, these bloggers have really made me feel like I’m part of a bigger running community.
It’s funny how just by reading these women and their own inspiring stories have made me a better runner. I know it probably sounds silly, but in a strange way I feel like I’m not alone in a largely independent process.
They all have their own stories, writing styles, and contributions to the running world and I’m glad that they are dedicated to being a blogger.
Thank you girls!
If you are looking for someone who is perpetually sunny…this is your girl! I love this blogger for so many things. Some noteworthy reasons to love her too
- she is dedicated to the running cause, (that girl packs on the miles!)
- she is a humanitarian: helping raise money for St. Judes by promoting these shirts! I just bought a long sleeve and am excited to sport this on my cooler-day runs!
- she is branching out to youtube! I always love hearing someone’s voice after I’ve read their blogs. She has a lot of great information to share and a bubbly personality to present it.
Tina Muir as a UK, elite runner. She is down-to-earth, humility in an athlete of her caliber is refreshing! I love reading her articles, especially about how elite runners are human like the rest of us. She also contributes recipes and I’m excited to try some of them out.
This is how I got hooked in the runner-blog world.
I highly recommend this blog if:
- you are a mother runner
- like to eat decadent food and still rock at running
- someone who is incredibly driven, inspiring in the face of adversity
- she’s just really fun to follow…not to mention she has the cutest bug for a kiddo!
Agh! again, another inspiring runner girl. This woman is a great blog for those looking to be the best version of themselves possible, (in the world of running). She talks about the importance of hiring a coach, even if you’re goals aren’t to become an elite runner. I have learned so much from her and love following her on instagram.
I would like to think I am on the “crunchier” side of life, (practicing yoga, eating and living “green”, believing in the power of thought, living in the present…) This lady is all things au-natural. She is a yoga instructor, long-distance runner, and podcaster. I love that she mixes yoga with running; two seemingly opposing forces meld together harmoniously in her blog..check her out!
I am a huge fan of Kara Goucher…so naturally I had to believe her word that this blogger was worth checking out…it was! Lottie enjoys the plant-based lifestyle. She creates delicious, drool-worthy recipes, and recently crossed over from the world of strictly running to triathlons. I am anxious to follow her journey.