Today I have been fighting a little cold, not fun. However, I find that when I have a cold running makes me feel better. Do you feel that way?
Today I decided to go for a “mild” 5 mile run, Bodhi scootering for half of it and hopping in for the last bit, (and me pushing a stroller with two kids,two dogs in tow, and a scooter balanced on top)….I swear a run with my boys is never mild and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Feeling a little bit better after the “jog” I decided to treat my body right and whip up a green smoothie. This smoothie incorporates all things healthy with the flavors of all things “unhealthy”, (think McDonalds mint mcflurry…well, maybe not that decadent).
After about 5 seconds of prep and the usual happy dance performed by my youngest, (he loves the blender…it means something yummy is coming) the green smoothie emerged.
I highly recommend this drink after any work out. I named it tummy taming green smoothie, because it has mint, probiotics, coconut water…all things good for a sour stomach.
If you’re wondering what “greens powder” I use it’s by sun warrior! I love this brand. I used it while I was pregnant with my second guy and my iron levels were always great, even with a primarily vegan diet.
- 6 oz. coconut water, (coconut milk for a creamier, ice-cream like option)
- 1 tsp. mint flavored green powder
- 1/2 tsp. spirulina powder
- 1/2 tsp. chlorella powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 drop spearmint oil, (peppermint would work too)
- 2 frozen bananas
- large handful of spinach
- *if not sweet enough for your taste could add a Tbsp. maple syrup too
- put in blender in order listed above
- press "smoothie" or blend
- blend until smooth